IEEE - ANSI N45.2.4
Installation, Inspection, and Testing Requirements for Instrumentation, and Electric Equipment During the Construction of Nuclear Power Generating Stations
|Publication Date:||16 September 1971|
This standard sets forth the requirements for installation, inspection, and testing of Class I and Class IE electric power, instrumentation, and control equipment and systems during the construction phase of a nuclear power generating station. These requirements are intended to assure that only materials and equipment of acceptable quality are incorporated into the plant, that quality is maintained and quality workmanship prevails throughout the construction process, and that completed installations conform to specified requirements, so as to promote public safety, prevent accidents and mitigate the consequences of accidents if they occur, and provide a high degree of plant reliability.
In addition to the Class I and Class IE systems, the requirements also apply to the following auxiliary equipment that are a part thereof.
(1) Connecting cables and raceways
(2) Electric and instrumentation containment penetrations
(3) Instrumentation sensing lines from the process root valves to and including input transducers
(4) Primary sensing devices (for example, orifices, flow nozzles, venturi tubes, and reference columns)
(5) Pneumatic instrumentation
(6) Output control transducers, including tubing and piping
(7) Fluid systems associated with standby generators and transformer cooling systems
(8) Switchgear fluid systems
(9) Panels, enclosures, and mountings
These requirements may also be extended to other appropriate parts of nuclear power generating stations when specified in contract documents.
This standard does not set forth specific requirements for the following, though related to the above equipment and systems:
(1) Inspection or testing, or both, of welds
(2) Cleaning and flushing of instrument sensing lines
(3) Aligning or verifying alignment, or both, of Class I rotating equipment
(4) Verifying structual integrity of support for Class I or Class IE electric equipment
For applicable codes on the above refer to Section 9.