Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus - Safety Requirements
|Publication Date:||1 July 1998|
|ICS Code (Home economics in general):||97.020|
This International Standard applies to electronic apparatus designed to be fed from the MAINS or from a SUPPLY APPARATUS and intended for reception, generation, recording or reproduction respectively of audio, video and associated signals. It also applies to apparatus designed to be used exclusively in combination with the above mentioned apparatus. This standard concerns only safety aspects of the above apparatus; it does not concern other matters, such as style or performance.
For above-mentioned apparatus, which are fed from a supply source other than the MAINS or from a SUPPLY APPARATUS, and which contain a LASER SYSTEM or produce an internal OPERATING VOLTAGE greater than 4 000 V (peak), this standard applies as far as applicable.
NOTE 1 - In Australia, Canada, Denmark, Japan, Rumania, South Africa, United States of America and United Kingdom this standard is, where relevant, used as a guide for the testing of battery operated apparatus.
This standard applies to the above-mentioned apparatus, if it is designed to be connected to the TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK or similar network, for example by means of an integrated modem.
Some examples of apparatus within the scope of this standard are:
- receiving apparatus and amplifiers for sound and/or vision;
- independent LOAD TRANSDUCERS and SOURCE TRANSDUCERS;
- SUPPLY APPARATUS intended to supply other apparatus covered by the scope of this standard;
- ELECTRONIC MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, and electronic accessories such as rhythm generators, tone generators, music tuners and the like for use with electronic or non-electronic musical instruments;
- audio and/or video educational apparatus;
- video projectors;
- video cameras and video monitors,
- video games and flipper games;
NOTE 2 - Video and flipper games for commercial use are covered by IEC 60335-2-82 *
- juke boxes;
- electronic gaming and scoring machines;
NOTE 3 - Electronic gaming and scoring machines for commercial use are covered by IEC 60335-2-82 
- teletext equipment;
- record and optical disc players;
- tape and optical disc recorders;
- antenna signal converters and amplifiers;
- antenna positioners;
- Citizen's Band apparatus;
- apparatus for IMAGERY;
- light effect apparatus;
- intercommunication apparatus, using low voltage MAINS as the transmission medium.
* Figures in square brackets refer to the bibliography given in annex P.