Fibre Optic Spatial Switches - Part 1: Generic Specification
|Publication Date:||1 April 2001|
|ICS Code (Fibre optic interconnecting devices):||33.180.20|
This part of IEC 60876 applies to fibre optic switches possessing all of the following general features:
- they are passive in that they contain no optoelectronic or other transducing elements;
- they have one or more ports for the transmission of optical power and two or more states in which power may be routed or blocked between these ports;
- the ports are optical fibres or optical fibre connectors.
This standard establishes uniform requirements for:
- fibre optic switch requirements;
- quality assessment procedures.