Electrical Installations of Buildings - Part 7: Requirements for Special Installations or Locations - Section 714: External Lighting Installations
|Publication Date:||1 April 1996|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
|ICS Code (Exterior building lighting):||91.160.20|
This section of IEC 364-7 deals with fixed external lighting installations.
NOTE - External lighting comprises luminaires, wiring system and accessories located outside buildings.
The requirements apply particularly to:
- lighting installations e.g. for roads, parks, gardens, public places, sporting areas, illumination of monuments and floodlighting;
- other equipment incorporating lighting such as telephone kiosks, bus shelters, advertising panels, town plans, roads signs.
These rules do not apply to:
- public lighting installations which are part of public power grid and operated by a public supply authority who is responsible for and has taken all necessary measures regarding safety;
- temporary festoon lighting;
- road traffic signal systems;
- luminaires which are fixed to the outside of a building and are supplied directly from the internal wiring of that building.
For lighting installations for swimming pools and fountains, see IEC 364-7-702.