|Publication Date:||1 January 1988|
|ICS Code (Transformers. Reactors):||29.180|
This standard applies to the following types of reactors:
- shunt reactors,
- current-limiting reactors including neutral-earthing reactors,
- damping reactors,
- earthing transformers (neutral couplers),
- arc-suppression reactors,
- smoothing reactors,
with the exception of the following reactors:
- small reactors with a rating generally less than 2 kvar single-phase and 10 kvar three-phase,
- reactors for special purposes such as high-frequency line traps or reactors mounted on rolling stock.
Where IEC standards do not exist for such small or special reactors, this standard may be applicable in whole or in part.
Where reference is made to specific clauses and sub-clauses of the various parts of IEC Publication 76: Power transformers, it is to be understood that the editions are as follows: