COE EM 1110-1-4012
|Publication Date:||15 November 2001|
This EM addresses P/C/F systems and includes the following:
• General discussion of theory of precipitation, coagulation and flocculation.
• Precipitation methods.
• Discussion and comparison of coagulants and coagulant aids.
• Pre-design treatability requirements.
• Pre-treatment requirements.
• Operational considerations.
• Equipment requirements.
• Specification preparation.
Purpose. This engineer manual (EM) was written to provide guidance for determining if precipitation, coagulation, flocculation (P/C/F) systems are applicable and guidance on how to properly design, specify, and operate P/C/F systems to remove dissolved heavy metals from aqueous waste streams.
Applicability. This EM applies to HQUSACE/OCE elements and USAGE commands with responsibility for Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste (HTRW) projects.