Standard: ASME - ANSI B5.46
SYMBOLS FOR MACHINE TOOL INDICATOR PLATES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard provides a set of symbols which may appear on machine tool indicator plates or control buttons. These symbols should be determined for each application.
The symbols shown are to be regarded as general proportional forms and not dimensional representatives. Size and weight of lines should be determined for each application.
Separate symbols selected from the same or different sections may be grouped on a plate when desired.
Symbols considered to be basic are shown in upper case letters and combinations and extensions of these basic symbols are shown in lower case letters.
Units shown in the inch system may be replaced by SI (Metric) Units. Values for number of cycles, number of revolutions, feeds, weight, etc., may be combined with the symbols. X may be used if the values are shown in a corresponding table.
|Document Number:||ansi b5.46|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|