Standard: NEMA - ANSI C29.11
COMPOSITE SUSPENSION INSULATORS FOR OVERHEAD TRANSMISSION LINES - TESTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard describes the tests to be prepared on composite insulators for applications above 70kV, and defines the acceptance criteria for such tests. See 3.1.1 for the definition of a composite insulator. All hitherto published American National Standards in the C29 series are for insulators made of wet-process porcelain or toughened glass.
The standard includes definitions pertinent to composite insulators. It introduces a new category of tests called prototype tests, designed to evaluate the materials and construction of composite insulators. Prototype tests are expected to be performed on representative samples but may be performed prior to the start of production.
|Organization:||National Electrical Manufacturers Association|
|Document Number:||ansi c29.11|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|