NAVY - SECNAV 5400.15B
(ASN(RD&A)) DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND ACQUISITION, AND ASSOCIATED LIFE- CYCLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
|Publication Date:||23 December 2005|
Applicability and Scope.
The responsibilities assigned by this instruction apply to research, development and acquisition and associated life-cycle management within the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps. The assigned responsibilities are in support of functions assigned to the Secretary of the Navy by references (a) and (b).
a. To document previously established duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development and Acquisition) (ASN (RD&A)).
b. To describe the relationships between ASN (RD&A), Program Executive Officers (PEOs) and Direct Reporting Program Managers (DRPMs), the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) for research, development and acquisition and associated life-cycle management responsibilities.
c. To assign responsibilities to the commands listed below:
(1) Commander, Naval Air Systems Command (COMNAVAIRSYSCOM),
(2) Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command (COMNAVSEASYSCOM),
(3) Commander, Space and Naval Warface Systems Command (COMSPAWARSYSCOM),
(4) Commander, Marine Corps Systems Command (COMMARCORSYSCOM), and
(5) Commander, Naval Supply Systems Command (COMNAVSUPSYSCOM).