Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 7-704: Requirements for special installations or locations – Construction and demolition site installations
|Publication Date:||1 October 2005|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
The following requirements are added:
The special requirements of this part apply to temporary installations for construction and demolition sites during the period of the construction or demolition work, including for example the following:
- construction work of new buildings;
- repair, alteration, extension, demolition of existing buildings or parts of existing buildings;
- engineering works;
- work of similar nature.
The requirements apply to fixed or moveable installations.
The rules do not apply to
- installations covered by the IEC 60621 series 1), where equipment of a similar nature to that used in surface mining applications is involved;
- installations in administrative locations of construction sites (offices, cloakrooms, meeting rooms, canteens, restaurants, dormitories, toilets, etc.) where the general rules of Parts 1 to 6 of IEC 60364 apply.
NOTE For special situations, more severe requirements apply, e.g. part 706 2) for conductive locations with restricted movement.
1) IEC 60621 (all parts), Electrical installations for outdoor sites under heavy conditions (including open-cast mines and quarries)
2) IEC 60364-7-706:-, Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 7-706: Requirements for special installations or locations - Conducting locations with restricted movement (to be published)