Measurement of Gas Flow by Turbine Meters
|Publication Date:||15 July 1986|
(a) This Standard applies to:
(1) axial full-flow turbine meters with mechanical and/or electrical outputs whose rotating member is driven by a compressible fluid;
(2) the measurement of gas by a turbine meter; the meter's construction, installation, operation, performance characteristics, data computation and presentation, calibration, field checking, and other related considerations of the meter.
(b) This Standard does not apply to:
(1) accessory equipment used to measure pressure and temperature, and/or density for the accurate determination of mass or base volumes, or those accessories used to automatically compute mass or base volumes;
(2) steam metering or two-phase flow measurement;
(3) applications involving pulsating flow or fluctuating flows where adverse effects on meter accuracy can be anticipated.