Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-38: Particular Requirements for Commercial Electric Griddles and Griddle Grills
|Publication Date:||1 November 2002|
|ICS Code (Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances):||97.040.20|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial griddles and griddle grills not intended for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 These appliances are used for example in restaurants, canteens, hospitals and commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- continuous process appliances for the mass production of food;
- grillers and toasters (IEC 60335-2-48);
- appliances incorporating induction heating sources.