Standard: RTCA DO-226
GUIDANCE MATERIAL FOR EVOLVING AIRBORNE PRECISION AREA NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT WITH EMPHASIS ON MLS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document spans a decade of work by two RTCA Special Committees (151/171). During this period, alternative technologies to the Microwave Landing System (e.g., satellite navigation) have evolved. Yet the need for precision, near-airport area navigation continues. Whatever the navigation source for an operational capability, much of the material in this document is germane to any precision, terminal-area navigation system. The philosophy used in preparing the document was to provide guidance for any terminal area navigation system, although the specific performance requirements and test procedures assume the MLS Random (Area) Navigation (RNAV) sensor inputs.
|Document Number:||rtca do-226|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|