UNIFORM RESERVE, TRAINING AND RETIREMENT CATEGORY ADMINISTRATION (ADMINISTRATIVE REISSUANCE INCORPORATING CHANGE 1, MARCH 8, 2001)
|Publication Date:||14 March 1997|
This Instruction applies to:
1. The Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Military Departments (including the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a Military Service in the Department of the Navy by agreement with the Department of Transportation (DoT), the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Combatant Commanders, and, the Defense Agencies (hereafter referred to collectively as "the DoD Components"). The term "Military Departments," as used herein, refers to the Departments of the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force. The term "Secretary concerned" refers to the Secretaries of the Military Departments and the Secretary of Transportation for the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a Service in the Navy. The term "Military Services" refers to the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Marine Corps, and the Coast Guard.
2. The requirements for categorizing and recording of RC personnel, and the training requirements for those categories.
3. All members of the total RCs to include the Ready Reserve, the Standby Reserve, and the Retired Reserve.
4. Use of all inactive duty training (IDT), active duty (AD), and full-time National Guard duty (FTNGD) periods performed by all RC members not counted in Active component (AC) end strengths, IAW 10 U.S.C. 115(d) (reference (d)).
5. The designation and official recording of all Reserve force personnel data in Reserve Component Common Personnel Data System (RCCPDS) IAW DoD Directive 1205.17 (reference (b)) and DoD Instruction 7730.54 (reference (c)).
6. The participation of RC members in approved programs outside the Department of Defense.