DOD POLICY FOR ESTABLISHING AND IMPLEMENTING ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS AT OVERSEAS INSTALLATIONS
|Publication Date:||20 September 1991|
1. Applies to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Military Departments, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Unified and Specified Commands, and the Defense Agencies (hereafter referred to collectively as "the DoD Components").
2. Applies to the operations of the DoD Components at installations and facilities outside the territory of the United States.
3. Does not apply to the operations of U.S. Naval vessels or U.S. military aircraft, which shall be operated in accordance with other DoD policies and Directives and applicable international agreements.
4. Does not apply to facilities and activities covered under E.O. 12344 (reference (a)) and conducted pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 7158 (reference (b)).
5. Does not apply to the determination or conduct of remedial or cleanup actions to correct environmental problems caused by the Department of Defense's past activities. Such actions shall be determined and conducted in accordance with applicable international agreements and U.S. Government policy.