ARMY - AR 740-1
STORAGE AND SUPPLY ACTIVITY OPERATIONS
|Publication Date:||15 June 2001|
Purpose. This regulation prescribes policy and procedures to be followed in the formation and management of material storage and supply operations.
a. Army storage and supply operations worldwide, will comply with this regulation. Other Army components or organizational elements with particular or peculiar assignments under this regulation are identified in the appropriate chapter(s). The policies pertaining to storage and supply operations are set forth, as appropriate, in each subsequent chapter.
b. This regulation covers the following subject areas-
(1) Storage and maintenance of Army prepositioned stocks (APS).
(2) Ammunition Surveillance and Quality Assurance Program.
(3) Determining storage space requirements.
(4) Justifying the construction of new storage facilities.
(5) Instructions for the preparation of DD Form 805 (Storage Space Management Report).
(6) Army quality control and reliability management of supplies and equipment within Army supply activities.
(7) Information concerning sources regarding identification, control and utilization of shelf life items.
Applicability. This regulation applies to the Active Army, members and organizations of the Army National Guard of the United States, including periods when operating in their Army National Guard capacity, and the U.S. Army Reserve.