Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-31: Particular requirements for range hoods
|Publication Date:||1 May 2006|
|ICS Code (Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances):||97.040.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric range hoods intended for installing above household cooking ranges, hobs and similar cooking appliances, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 The cooking appliance may be supplied by electricity or other fuels, such as gas.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances incorporating electrostatic air filters, IEC 60335-2-65 also applies;
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national authorities responsible for buildings and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended for commercial purposes (IEC 60335-2-99);
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).