ETSI - PRETS 300 703
Radio Equipment and Systems (RES); Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications/ Global System for Mobile Communications (DECT/ GSM) Inter-Working Profile (IWP); GSM Phase 2 Supplementary Services Implementation First Edition
|Publication Date:||1 January 1996|
This draft European Telecommunication Standard (ETS) specifies the interworking procedures and mappings necessary to ensure that Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) phase 2 supplementary services can be provided over Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT), as specified in ETS 300 466 . To enable DECT terminals to interwork with DECT systems which are connected to the GSM infrastructure, the DECT access protocols and Fixed Part (FP) and Portable Part (PP) interworking and mappings are specified for Mobile Switching Centre (MSC) attachment of the DECT FP.
In this ETS, the general aspects relevant for interworking are given, together with the interworking procedures and mappings used at the DECT radio interface for registration, erasure, activation, de-activation, invocation and interrogation of supplementary services. Provision and withdrawal of supplementary services is an administrative matter between the DECT subscriber attached to the GSM network, and the service provider and causes no signalling on the radio interface.
Under the aspects of interworking, definitions and descriptions of supplementary services are given in ETS 300 466 . This ETS covers the additions to the interworking and mappings in ETS 300 370  for the DECT FP and PP, to ensure that GSM supplementary services can be provided over the DECT air interface.
The implementation in the DECT PP of the GSM functional protocol for control of supplementary services, is outside the scope of this ETS.
This ETS is a part of a set of standards for the DECTIGSM Interworking Profile (IWP) concept that includes:
- general description of service requirements, functional capabilities and information flows, (see ETS 300 466 );
- access and mapping (protocol/procedure description for 3,1 kHz speech service), (see ETS 300 370 );
- GSM-MSC - DECT-FP fixed interconnection (see ETS 300 499 ); and
- GSM phase 2 supplementary services implementation (this ETS).
Other standards of the DECT/GSM IWP are expected to describe (see annex A):
- implementation of short message services, point-to-point and cell broadcast (DE/RES-03057);
- implementation of bearer services (ETS 300 756); and
- implementation of facsimile group 3 (DE/RES -03072).
This ETS is based upon the specifications of the Technical Specifications (TS) GSM 04.0x, , TS GSM 04.8x series  to  and ETS 300 370 .