Evaluation and routine testing in medical imaging departments – Part 3-5: Acceptance tests – Imaging performance of computed tomography X-ray equipment CORRIGENDUM 1
|Publication Date:||1 March 2006|
|ICS Code (Radiographic equipment):||11.040.50|
Scope and object
This part of IEC 61223 applies to those components of CT SCANNERS which influence the image quality, PATIENT dose and positioning.
- defines the essential parameters which describe the performance of the CT SCANNERS with regard to image quality, PATIENT dose and positioning; the list of parameters to be tested can be found in section 4.4.
- defines the methods of testing the essential parameters;
- evaluates compliance with the tolerances of the parameters specified by the ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS.
These methods rely mainly on non-invasive measurements, using appropriate test EQUIPMENT, performed during the installation or after it has been completed. Signed statements covering steps in the installation procedure may be used as part of the ACCEPTANCE TEST report.
This part of IEC 61223 is intended to assist in performing the ACCEPTANCE TESTS on a CT SCANNER The aim is to verify compliance of the installation with specifications affecting the image quality, PATIENT dose and positioning.
It is not intended to consider:
- aspects of mechanical and electrical safety;
- aspects of mechanical, electrical and software performance, unless they are essential for performing the ACCEPTANCE TESTS and are directly affecting image quality, PATIENT dose and positioning.