EEMUA - PUB NO 158
Construction Specification for Fixed Offshore Structures in the North Sea
|Publication Date:||1 January 1994|
This Specification defines the basic requirements for the fabrication work on primary structures of offshore installations. These will normally include, but not be limited to, the following:
- jacket structure including nodes, cones, braces, legs and conductor framing
- piles and followers
- J-tubes and caissons
- riser clamps
- flotation tanks and buoyancy tubes
- module support frame including nodes, cones, braces, padears
- module framing including nodes, columns, fabricated beams and padears
- helideck - when constructed of steel
- any other areas designated 'primary' on the Drawings.
The attachment by welding to primary steelwork (but not the fabrication) of items such as doubler plates, riser supports, walkways etc. also comes within the scope of this Specification.
This Specification may also be used for modifications to existing structures, subject to the limitations imposed by the original materials and fabrication techniques.
All other structural components shall be fabricated to AWS D1.1 or other document approved by the hrchaser. These requirements are necessarily of a general nature, and individual projects will normally apply short supplements to reflect any peculiarities of design or duty which affect them. Pipeline risers are not covered by this Specification.