DIN EN 12583
Gas infrastructure - Compressor stations - Functional requirements
|Publication Date:||1 July 2014|
|ICS Code (Petroleum products and natural gas handling equipment):||75.200|
|ICS Code (Compressors and pneumatic machines):||23.140|
This European Standard describes the specific functional requirements for the design, construction, operation, maintenance and disposal activities for safe and secure gas compressor stations.
This European Standard applies to new gas compressor stations
with a Maximum Operating Pressure (MOP) over 16 bar and with a
total shaft power over 1 MW. For existing compressor stations, this
European Standard applies to new compressor units. Where
This European Standard does not apply to gas compressor stations operating prior to the publication of this European Standard.
The purpose of this European Standard is intended to:
- ensure the health and safety of the public and all site personnel,
- to cover environmental issues and
- to avoid incidental damage to nearby property.
This European Standard specifies common basic principles for the gas infrastructure. Users of this European Standard should be aware that more detailed national standards and/or codes of practice may exist in the CEN member countries.
This European Standard is intended to be applied in association with these national standards and/or codes of practice setting out the above-mentioned basic principles.
In the event of conflicts in terms of more restrictive
requirements in national legislation/regulati
- clarification of all legislations/regulat
- if appropriate, more restrictive national requirements;
- a national contact point for the latest information.
This European Standard does not apply to:
- off-shore gas compressor stations;
- gas compressor stations for compressed natural gas filling-stations;
- customer installations downstream of the point of custody transfer;
- design and construction of driver packages (see Annex C).
For supplies to utility services such as small central heating boilers reference should be made to EN 1775.
NOTE Parts indicated in frames by thick lines are within the scope of this European Standard (* part of pipeline but operated by SCS).