Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-101: Particular requirements for vaporizers
|Publication Date:||1 August 2014|
|ICS Code (Domestic electrical appliances in general):||97.030|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric vaporizers for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are air fresheners and insect repellers. They may be plugged directly into a socket-outlet or connected to the supply mains by means of a flexible cord and plug.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for heating liquids (IEC 60335-2-15);
- insect killers (IEC 60335-2-59);
- fabric steamers (IEC 60335-2-85);
- humidifiers (IEC 60335-2-98).