Road vehicles - Unified diagnostic services (UDS) - Part 7: UDS on local interconnect network (UDSonLIN)
|Publication Date:||1 February 2015|
|ICS Code (Diagnostic, maintenance and test equipment):||43.180|
This part of ISO 14229 specifies the implementation of a common set of unified diagnostic services (UDS) on UART-based local interconnect networks in road vehicles. The UDSonLIN diagnostics defines methods to implement diagnostic data transfer between a client and the LIN slave nodes through the LIN master node.
LIN slave nodes support three different diagnostic classes as defined in ISO 17987.
UDSonLIN references ISO 14229-1 and ISO 14229-2 and specifies implementation requirements of the following:
- diagnostic services to be used for diagnostic communication over LIN,
- server memory programming for in-vehicle LIN servers with an external test equipment, and
- configuration of a LIN slave node as specified in ISO 17987.
NOTE UDSonLIN does not specify any requirement for the in-vehicle LIN bus architecture.
This part of ISO 14229 makes reference to information contained in the following:
- ISO 14229-1,
- ISO 14229-2, and
- ISO 17987 (all parts).
This part of ISO 14229 does not include any redundant information of the above mentioned documents. It focuses on the following:
- additional requirements specific to the implementation of UDSonLIN network, and
- specific restrictions in the implementation of UDSonLIN network