SMPTE ST 2001-2
XML Representation of SMPTE Registered Data (Reg-XML) - AAF and MXF Data
|Publication Date:||14 July 2014|
This document specifies:
- a Reg-XML baseline data model for AAF data (Annex B);
- rules for mapping AAF data to AAF Reg-XML file groups (Section 6).
An XSD Schema that can be used to validate AAF data encoded as an AAF Reg-XML document is provided in Annex C. This schema is the result of applying of the model mapping rules of SMPTE ST 2001-1.
Further annexes to this document provide informative guidelines for a developer, describing the process of:
1. starting with a MXF file and encoding it as an AAF Reg-XML file group (Annex D, Section D.2);
2. identifying suitable AAF Reg-XML file groups and encoding them as an MXF file (Annex D, Section D.3);
3. starting with an AAF file and encoding it as an AAF Reg-XML file group (Annex E).
Due to the zero-divergence approach applied at the time, the MXF data model is within the AAF baseline data model. Also, the harmonization of the registered names for data model items enables consistent representation of the two data models as a single Reg-XML data model.