DIN EN 16191
Tunnelling machinery - Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 September 2014|
|ICS Code (Construction equipment):||91.220|
|ICS Code (Tunnel construction):||93.060|
This European Standard is applicable to tunnelling machinery as defined in Clause 3 used for the construction of tunnels, shafts and other underground excavations.
It deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to such machinery when they are used as intended and under the conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This European Standard covers monitoring for hazardous atmospheres within the confines of the tunnelling machinery.
Hand-arm and whole-body vibration are not considered as significant hazard for tunnelling machinery.
The following items and applications are not covered by this European Standard:
- the additional requirements for the use of tunnelling machinery under hyperbaric conditions;
- the additional requirements for use of tunnelling machinery in potentially explosive atmospheres;
NOTE For the application in potentially explosive atmospheres see EN 1710:2005+A1:2008 for guidance.
- ancillary tools and equipment which are not an integral part of the tunnelling machinery but used on or with the machinery;
- services (e.g. power supply, water, pipes, compressed air, etc.) supplied to the tunnelling machinery;
- loading and transport equipment which is not an integral part of the tunnelling machinery, e.g. man riders, locomotives, grout cars, segment cars, muck cars and shaft hoisting equipment.
This European Standard is not applicable to road headers, continuous miners and impact rippers.
This European Standard is not applicable to tunnelling machinery which is manufactured before the date of publication of this European Standard by CEN.