Standard: RTCA DO-252
MINIMUM INTEROPERABILITY STANDARDS (MIS) FOR AUTOMATED METEOROLOGICAL TRANSMISSION (AUTOMET)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The purpose of this document is to define the Minimum Interoperability Standards (MIS) for the uplink and downlink message formats for Automated Meteorological Transmissions (AUTOMET). This document also specifies a set of encoding and decoding rules to apply to the message format types defined in this document. AUTOMET message formats defined in this document are independent of media and protocols used to transfer encoded AUTOMET messages. AUTOMET operational requirements are not explicitly specified.
This standard ensures AUTOMET-compliant air- and ground-based systems will be able to decode and interpret AUTOMET uplink and downlink messages. Compliance with this standard is recommended as a means of assuring that avionics equipment implementing AUTOMET software will perform their intended functions satisfactorily under conditions normally encountered in routine aeronautical operations. Regulatory application of this document is the responsibility of appropriate governmental agencies.
|Document Number:||rtca do-252|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|RTCA DO-252||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2000-01-11||Revision: 00||Status: INAC|