ASME A18.1 TRAINING
ASME ASSESSMENT-BASED COURSE: ESSENTIALS - A18.1 SAFETY STANDARD FOR PLATFORM LIFTS & STAIRWAY CHAIRLIFTS - SINGLE-USER LICENSE (COURSE NUMBER: ZABC58)
This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience, and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course once you begin.
The ASME A18.1 Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts offers essential guidance to both the public and private sectors:
For public sectors, it serves as the basis for state, municipal, and other jurisdictional authorities in drafting regulations governing the installation, testing, inspection, maintenance, alteration, and repair of stairway chairlifts and platform lifts.
For private sectors, A18.1 provides a standard reference of safety requirements for architects, engineers, insurance companies, manufacturers, and contractors, while delivering safety practices for owners and managers of structures where equipment covered in the Scope of this Standard is used. The ultimate goal of this Standard is to help protect public safety, while reflecting best-practices of industry.
After completing this course, you will be able
- Describe the scope of A18.1
- Describe the requirements for platform lifts
- Describe the requirements for stairway chairlifts
- Describe the requirements for driving means, engineering type testing and design
- Identify the requirements for inspections and tests
- Module One: Introduction
- Module Two: Private Residence and Non-Private Residence Vertical Platform Lifts
- Module Three: Private Residence and Non-Private Residence Inclined Platform Lifts
- Module Four: Private Residence and Non-Private Residence Inclined Stairway Chairlifts
- Module Five: Driving Means
- Module Six: Engineering Type Testing and Design
- Module Seven: Inspections and Tests
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those involved in the design, construction, installation, operation, inspection, testing, maintenance, and repair of inclined stairway chairlifts and inclined and vertical platform lifts intended for transportation of a mobility impaired person.
Course Type: Assessment Based Course
Course Number: ZABC58