DIN EN 16228-6
Drilling and foundation equipment - Safety - Part 6: Jetting, grouting and injection equipment
|Publication Date:||1 October 2014|
|ICS Code (Earthworks. Excavations. Foundation construction. Underground works):||93.020|
This European Standard, together with part 1, deals with all significant hazards for jetting, grouting and injection equipment when they are used as intended and under the conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer associated with the whole life time of the machine (see Clause 4).
The requirements of this part are complementary to the common requirements formulated in EN 16228-1:2014
This document does not repeat the requirements from EN 16228-1:2014, but adds or replaces the requirements for application for jetting, grouting and injection equipment.
Rigs for drilling, vibrating, pile driving, to be used for preparing holes for these applications are covered by EN 16228-2:2014 and/or EN 16228-4:2014.
Jetting, grouting and injection equipment is used in the preparation, transfer and application of grouting materials used for either:
- the improvement of ground condition; or
- the filling of voids e.g. around piles or ground anchors.
Jetting, grouting and injection equipment are constituted by all equipment and installations, operated by hand or electrically, pneumatically, mechanically or hydraulically powered, necessary for the following:
- mixing, storing, measuring and pumping of substances (cement suspension, mortar or chemical liquids/mixtures);
- jetting, grouting and injection processes (of/into subsoil) with low, medium or high pressure or vacuum systems;
- all types of pressure and wear resistant grout hoses, fittings, quick release coupling with thread or hose connection, ball valves and flexible pipes;
- all control systems, electrical or mechanical pressure and flow recorders, for monitoring the grouting;
- all jetting, grouting and injection accessories, such as: special tools, lances, rods, sockets, packers, retention clamps and swivel hooks.