IEC TR 62839-1
Environmental declaration – Part 1: Wires, cables and accessory products – Specific rules
|Publication Date:||1 November 2014|
|ICS Code (Environment and environmental protection in general):||13.020.01|
|ICS Code (Coaxial cables. Waveguides):||33.120.10|
|ICS Code (Wires and symmetrical cables):||33.120.20|
This part of IEC 62839 specifies the PSR (product specific rules) for wires and cables used for communication, data, control and command. This PSR covers the use, installation and end-of-life stages and provides methodological precisions to PEP/PCR writing for "wires and cables and accessories" products used for communication, data, control and command. PSR and general rules all together form the product category rules.
ISO 14025:2006 establishes the principles and specifies the procedures for developing Type III environmental declaration programmes and Type III environmental declarations. It specifically establishes the use of the ISO 14040 series of standards in the development of Type III environmental declaration programmes and Type III environmental declarations. It establishes principles for the use of environmental information, in addition to those given in ISO 14020:2000.
Type III environmental declarations as described in ISO
14025:2006 are primarily intended for use in business-to-business
Three categories of wires and cables are covered:
- communication and data wires and cables, which may have metal or optical fiber conductors;
- control and command wires and cables , which can have metal or fiber optical conductors;
This document only deals with the "wires and cables" products. "Accessories products" are for further study.
This document is primarily intended for:
- environment and/or product managers;
- LCA (life cycle assessment) experts in companies, in charge of PEP/PCR development;
- verifiers in charge of PEP/PCR conformity assessment in accordance with the defined rules.