CEN - EN 12268
Food processing machinery - Band saw machines - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 November 2014|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard specifies requirements for the design and manufacturing of band saw machines as described in 1.2 (see Figures 1 to 5).
The machines covered by this European Standard are used to cut:
- fresh or deep frozen meat with or without bones;
- fresh or deep frozen fish, natural or in fillets;
- deep frozen block food products;
- fresh or deep frozen vegetables;
- other products such as pork fat or similar products.
The band saw machines covered by this European Standard do not include band saw machines for processing wood and similar materials which are covered by the EN 1807 series.
Band saw machines for domestic use are not included in this European Standard.
This European Standard is not applicable to band saw machines which were manufactured before its date of publication as EN.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to band saw machines, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This European Standard deals with the hazards which can arise during all the lifetime of the machine, including the phases of transport, assembly, commissioning, operation, cleaning, use, maintenance, decommissioning, dismantling, disabling and scrapping of the machine. This European Standard covers the following types of machines:
- band saw machines designed as table-top machines with and without base;
- band saw machines designed as floor-type machines with and without castors.