EPA - 40 CFR PART 92
CONTROL OF AIR POLLUTION FROM LOCOMOTIVES AND LOCOMOTIVE ENGINES
|Publication Date:||1 July 2013|
(a) Except as noted in paragraphs (b), (d) and (e) of this section, the provisions of this part apply to manufacturers, remanufacturers, owners and operators of:
(1) Locomotives and locomotive engines manufactured on or after January 1, 2000; and
(2) Locomotives and locomotive engines manufactured on or after January 1, 1973 and remanufactured on or after January 1, 2000; and
(3) Locomotives and locomotive engines manufactured prior to January 1, 1973, and upgraded on or after January 1, 2000.
(b) The requirements and prohibitions of this part do not apply with respect to:
(1) Steam locomotives, as defined in § 92.2;
(2) Locomotives powered solely by an external source of electricity;
(3) Locomotive engines which provide only hotel power (see 40 CFR parts 89 and 1039 to determine if such engines are subject to EPA emission requirements); or
(4) Nonroad vehicles excluded from the definition of locomotive in § 92.2, and the engines used in such nonroad vehicles (see 40 CFR parts 86, 89, and 1039 to determine if such vehicles or engines are subject to EPA emission requirements).
(c) For cases in which there are multiple entities meeting the definition of manufacturer or remanufacturer, see § 92.209 for guidance.
(d) The provisions of subpart L of this part apply to all persons.
(e) The provisions of this part do not apply for locomotives that are subject to the emissions standards of 40 CFR part 1033.