Floating leisure articles for use on and in the water - Part 1: Classification, materials, general requirements and test methods
|Publication Date:||1 August 2017|
|ICS Code (Outdoor and water sports equipment):||97.220.40|
This document specifies safety requirements and test methods related to materials, safety, performance for classified floating leisure articles for use on and in water in accordance with Clause 4 (see Table 1).
This document is only applicable with ISO 25649-2 and the relevant specific parts (ISO 25649-3 to ISO 25649-7).
NOTE 1 Specific safety requirements are specified in ISO 25649-3 to ISO 25649-7.
NOTE 2 The specific parts can include exclusions from the general requirements specified in this document and/or ISO 25649-2.
This document is not applicable to:
- aquatic toys according to European Directive 2009/48/EC (use in shallow waters/use under supervision);
- inflatable boats with a buoyancy > 1 800 N according to European Directive 94/25/EC;
- buoyant aids for swimming instructions according to European Directive 89/686/EEC;
- air mattresses which are not specifically designed or intended for use on the water (e.g. velour bed, self inflating mattress and rubberized cotton air mattress);
- floating seats for angling purposes;
- surf sports type devices (e.g. body boards, surf boards);
- water ski, wakeboard or kite surfing board;
- devices made from rigid materials e.g. wood, aluminium, hard or non-deformable plastic;
- devices which are kept in shape by permanent air flow;
- rings intended for use on water slides;
- wading devices.