Standard: NFPA 1583
STANDARD ON HEALTH-RELATED FITNESS PROGRAMS FOR FIRE DEPARTMENT MEMBERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard establishes the minimum requirements for the development, implementation, and management of a health-related fitness program (HRFP) for members of the fire department involved in emergency operations.
The purpose of this standard is to provide the minimum requirements for a health-related fitness program for fire department members that enhances the members' ability to perform occupational activities efficiently and safely and reduces the risk of injury, disease, and premature death.
This document is intended to help fire departments develop a health-related fitness program for fire department members that requires mandatory participation but is nonpunitive.
This document is not intended to establish physical performance criteria.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 1583|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 1583||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2008-01-01||Revision: 08||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 1583||Change Type:||Update Date: 2000-08-18||Revision: 00||Status: INAC|