CENELEC - EN 60335-2-95
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-95: Particular requirements for drives for vertically moving garage doors for residential use
|Publication Date:||1 January 2015|
|ICS Code (Electrical accessories in general):||29.120.01|
|ICS Code (External structures):||91.090|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This European Standard deals with the safety of electric drives for garage doors for residential use that open and close in a vertical direction, the rated voltage of the drives being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. It also covers the hazards associated with the movement of these electrically driven garage doors.
NOTE Z101 Examples of garage doors are shown in Figure 101.
NOTE Z102 The drive may be supplied with a garage door.
NOTE Z103 This standard also applies to entrapment protection devices for use with drives.
NOTE Z104 Within the standard the terms drive and appliance are interchangeable.
This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by drives that are encountered by all persons in and around the installation place. However, in general, it does not take into account:
- children playing with the appliance;
- the use of the appliance by very young children;
- the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
NOTE Z105 Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard also covers automatic drives.
NOTE Z106 This standard does not apply to drives
- for rolling shutters, awnings, blinds and similar equipment (EN 60335-2-97);
- for garage doors for use by more than one household (EN 60335-2-103);
- for commercial and industrial purposes;
- intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
This European Standard does not deal with any specific requirements on noise emitted from these drives as the generated noise is not considered to be a relevant hazard. Thus the emission sound pressure level LpA is considered to be LpA ≤70 dB(A).