CENELEC - EN 60335-2-97
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2-97: Particular requirements for drives for rolling shutters, awnings, blinds and similar equipment
|Publication Date:||1 December 2006|
|ICS Code (Electrical accessories in general):||29.120.01|
|ICS Code (Doors and windows):||91.060.50|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following:
This European Standard deals with the safety of electric drives for rolling equipment such as shutters, blinds and awnings, intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase drives and 480 V for other drives. It also covers the hazards associated with the movement of the rolling equipment such as shutters, blinds and awnings.
Drives for equipment with a spring-controlled driven part, such as a folding arm awning, are also within the scope of this standard.
NOTE Z101 Battery-operated drives and other d.c. supplied drives are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE Z102 Examples of places where shutters, blinds and awnings for household environment may also be used by non expert users:
- shops, offices and other working environments
- farm houses;
- hotels, motels and other residential type environments where they are used by clients;
- bed and breakfast type environments.
NOTE Z103 Household environment includes the dwelling and its associated buildings, the garden, etc.
Drives being part of power operated shutters, blinds and awnings which are intended to be used by trained users in shops, in light industry and on farms, are also within the scope of this standard.
NOTE Z104 Examples of rolling equipment that can be driven are
- grilles covering doors and windows;
- projection screens;
- shutters covering doors and windows.
Examples are shown in Figure 101.
NOTE Z105 Drives may be supplied with a driven part.
NOTE Z106 Within the standard the terms drive and appliance are interchangeable.
This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by drives that are encountered by all persons in and around the installation place. However, in general, it does not take into account:
- children playing with the appliance;
- the use of the appliance by very young children;
- the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
NOTE Z107 This standard does not apply to
- drives for vertically moving garage doors for residential use (EN 60335-2-95);
- drives for rolling doors (EN 60335-2-103);
- drives for theatre curtains;
- sliding and trolley jack drives.
Products covered by this standard do not create a noise hazard.