Standard: NFPA 10 HDBK
STANDARD FOR PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS HANDBOOK
This standard is available for individual purchase.
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The provisions of this standard apply to the selection, installation, inspection, maintenance, and testing of portable extinguishing equipment.
Portable fire extinguishers are intended as a first line of defense to cope with fires of limited size.
The selection and installation of extinguishers is independent of whether the building is equipped with automatic sprinklers, standpipe and hose, or other fixed protection equipment.
The requirements given herein are minimum.
The requirements do not apply to permanently installed systems for fire extinguishment, even where portions of such systems are portable (such as hose and nozzles attached to a fixed supply of extinguishing agent).
This standard is prepared for use by and guidance of persons charged with selecting, purchasing, installing, approving, listing, designing, and maintaining portable fireextinguishing equipment.
The fire protection requirements of this standard are general in nature and are not intended to abrogate the specific requirements of other NFPA standards for specific occupancies.
Nothing in this standard shall be construed as a restriction on new technologies or alternative arrangements, provided that the level of protection as herein described is not lowered and is acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 10 hdbk|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|