DIN EN 454
Food processing machinery - Planetary mixers - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 February 2015|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard specifies safety and hygiene requirements for the design and manufacture of fixed bowl planetary mixers with a tool having a planetary movement by using two parallel axes. The capacity of the bowl is greater than or equal to 5 L1) and less than or equal to 200 L.
These planetary mixers are used separately in the food industry
and shops (catering, bakery, pizza, pastry and confectionary
industry) for mixing, kneading and emulsifying/whipping
Processing is carried out in cycles of variable duration. It can be either manually or automatically controlled, in individual cycles or on a cycle repeat basis, etc.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to the transport, installation, adjustment, operation, cleaning, maintenance, dismantling, disassembling and scrapping of planetary mixers, when they are used as intended and under the conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer(see Clause 4).
This European Standard does not deal with the following machines:
- catering attachment for planetary mixers (see EN 12851);
- continuously fed machines;
- dough mixers (see EN 453);
- whipping mixers which contain no parallel axes;
- stirring machines;
- experimental and testing machines under development by the manufacturers;
- machines used in other industry, for example: meat industry, candy industry, pharmaceutical industry, chemical industry;
- domestic appliances.
This European Standard is not applicable to machines which are manufactured before its date of publication as a European standard.
1) Below 5 L, EN 60335-1 and the EN 60335-2 series are applicable.