NAVY - SECNAV 1754.6A
(PERS-61) RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY PERSONNEL
|Publication Date:||8 November 2005|
To revise policy and implement the Department of the Navy (DON) Relocation Assistance Program (RAP) per references (a) and (b).
a. This instruction applies to the Active Duty Component of the Navy and Marine Corps.
b. The following personnel are eligible for services under reference (c), subject to any restrictions in Status of Forces Agreements (SOFA) at overseas activities.
(1) Active duty members of the military services, Coast Guard, and their legal dependents (hereafter referred to as family members).
(2) Members of the Reserve Component of the military services, Coast Guard, and their family members, while on call to or on orders to active duty.
(3) Spouses and family members of Prisoners of War/Missing in Action (POW/MIA) personnel from the military services and the Coast Guard.
(4) Non-foreign hire civilian employees of the Department of Defense (DOD) in overseas locations, and their family members, for services that are not otherwise available in the local community.
(5) On a space-available basis, retired members of military services, the Coast Guard, their family members, and the family members of members who were on active duty or retired at the time of death.
c. At Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) installations, services which are offered as part of military Transition Assistance Management Program (TAMP), other than those specifically limited by law to servicemembers, shall be available to military personnel and civilians on an equal basis. At non-BRAC installations, such services may be provided on a space-available basis for civilians.