CSA - CAN/CSA-Z5359-10
Low-pressure hose assemblies for use with medical gases
|Publication Date:||1 January 2010|
|ICS Code (Anaesthetic, respiratory and reanimation equipment):||11.040.10|
|ICS Code (Hoses):||83.140.40|
* This International Standard specifies requirements for low-pressure hose assemblies intended for use with the following medical gases:
- nitrous oxide;
- medical air;
- carbon dioxide;
- specified mixtures of the gases listed above;
- air for driving surgical tools; ⎯ nitrogen for driving surgical tools;
- vacuum. It is intended in particular to ensure gas-specificity and to prevent cross-connection between systems conveying different gases. These hose assemblies are intended for use at maximum operating pressures of less than 1 400 kPa.
This International Standard specifies the allocation of (NIST), (DISS), (SIS) connectors to medical gases and specifies the dimensions of non-interchangeable screw-threaded (NIST) connectors.
This International Standard does not specify:
- requirements for coaxial hoses used for the supply and disposal of air for driving surgical tools;
- requirements for electrical conductivity.
This International Standard does not specify the intended uses of hose assemblies.
NOTE Some examples of intended use specified in other International Standards are as follows:
a) between a terminal unit and medical equipment (ISO 9170-1, IEC 60601-2-12, IEC 60601-2-13);
b) between the fixed pipeline system and a terminal unit of that system (ISO 7396-1, ISO 11197);
c) between a terminal unit and a second terminal unit (ISO 7396-1);
d) between an emergency supply and an emergency and maintenance inlet point of a pipeline system (ISO 10524-1, ISO 7396-1);
e) between an emergency supply and medical equipment (ISO 10524-1, ISO 10524-3, IEC 60601-2-12, IEC 60601-2-13).