Sound insulation and sound absorption of suspended ceilings
|Publication Date:||1 January 2015|
|ICS Code (Acoustics in building. Sound insulation):||91.120.20|
|ICS Code (Ceilings. Floors. Stairs):||91.060.30|
This standard is intended to present
• the principal parameters of influence and structural features of suspended ceilings, which determine the sound absorption and sound insulation of such ceilings,
Note: The sound insulation of a suspended ceiling is characterised by its insertion loss, normalized flanking level difference between rooms and the potential improvement of the total airborne and impact sound insulation of a ceiling (floor).
• the required acoustical performance of suspended ceilings, taking into account flanking elements, and
• guidance on the designing of suspended ceilings where specified acoustical performance criteria (like, e.g., in a tender) shall be met.
In order to simplify labelling and for better comparability of different product groups, suspended ceilings are distinguished according to their structural features
• by allocation to absorption categories, and
• according to the achievable insertion losses, and
• the normalized flanking level differences between rooms.
This standard is intended for use by building owners, architects, planners, authorities granting building permits, manufactures and specialist companies.
Further requirements (e.g. fire protection, corrosion protection, ball throwing protection, air conditioning technology) are to be observed if required.