VDI/VDE 3699 BLATT 5
Process control using display screens - Alarms/messages
|Publication Date:||1 September 2014|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This standard provides regulations and gives recommendations for the representation of messages and for the operation of alarm systems.
The application of these recommendations helps produce displays and controls based on ergonomic findings which are compatible with those for mimics and preformatted displays and which comply with applicable standards.
Consequent application helps create uniform human- machine interfaces at different workplaces with the following advantages:
- The designing of alarm systems becomes easier (in new projects, recurrent requirements need not be reconsidered).
- The correct interpretation of messages is more reliable and easier for operators who are em-ployed at different systems (e.g. in different control rooms).
This standard is valid for the representation of alarms/messages which are used in process control during normal (production) operation or for diagnosis of disturbances in automated systems. It applies to
- automated systems for chemical and petrochemical process technology,
- steam generation plants, and
- process systems in the iron and steel industry,
provided there are no specific regulations to be observed in these plants and systems, e.g. in nuclear- powered plants.