VDI/VDE 3699 BLATT 3
Process control using display screens - Mimics
|Publication Date:||1 January 2014|
|ICS Code (Telecontrol. Telemetering):||33.200|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This standard stipulates regulations and gives recommendations for the display of process and control mimics on process control screens. The application of these regulations leads to displays and controls which
- are compatible with those for preformatted displays, curves and messages,
- comply with valid Technical Rules, and
- are based on ergonomic knowledge.
Appropriate application of the recommendations leads to uniform man-machine interfaces at various workstations with the following advantages.
- The planning of mimics becomes easier because repetitive consideration of recurrent deliberations and specifications is dispensed with in new projects.
- The correct interpretation of mimics is more reliable and easier for operators who work with different systems (e.g. in various control rooms).
This standard is to be applied to the display of process and control mimics which are used for controlling processes in normal production or research operation of automated plants in chemical and petrochemical process engineering. It also applies to steam generation plants and to process engineering plants in the iron and steel industry, provided that no particular regulations are to be observed in these plants or plant sections, as is the case e.g. in nuclear-powered plants.
This standard is applicable in the context of the other parts of the series of standards VDI/ VDE 3699