Single-mode fibre optic connectors
|Publication Date:||1 January 2015|
- gives general information on fundamental types of fibre optic connectors, their field of application and the main requirements about their characteristics in terms of optical, mechanical and environmental behaviour;
- makes a classification of these components in terms of the configurations used into fibre optic plants;
- gives a general description of the basic principles of operation and of technologies of fabrication of fibre optic connectors;
- describes all the most important optical parameters and gives general specifications on the optical, mechanical and environmental performance of fibre optic connectors;
- describes the main test methods of fibre optic connectors;
- is limited to factory installed connectors; these are connectors that have been applied to the fibre and/or cable in a controlled factory environment. Field mountable connectors, which are to be applied to the fibre and/or cable by an installer in field conditions, are outside the scope of this Recommendation.