Multi-Pair Bonding Using Time-Division Inverse Multiplexing
|Publication Date:||1 September 2004|
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & APPLICATION
This standard defines the bonding function for the TDIM based bonding method, the purpose of which is to provide inverse multiplexing of various service data streams (Ethernet, ATM, TDM) over multiple DSL physical links and to retrieve the original stream at the far-end from these physical links.
This standard is a detailed specification of the TDIM protocol in sufficient detail to allow development and testing of interoperable implementations for both transmitter and receivers. It includes:
1. Multi-pair synchronization frame format.
2. Bonding Communication Channel (BCC).
3. Dispatching algorithm.
4. Hitless addition and removal of pairs.
5. Fast removal of pair upon pair failure.
6. Using IEEE 802.3AH handshake for pair discovery, parameter negotiation, and setup
This standard defines a new TPS-TC for DSL transceivers.
Architecturally, this TPS-TC should be placed above the PMS-TC --
at the alpha(beta)-interfac