IEC TR 62710
Residual current devices (RCDs) associated with additional function(s)
|Publication Date:||1 May 2015|
|ICS Code (Rectifiers. Converters. Stabilized power supply):||29.200|
This Technical Report (TR) provides information concerning the possible use of:
- dedicated additional function(s) declared by a manufacturer as suitable for an assembly with declared RCDs complying with IEC standards for household and similar uses;
- specific RCDs complying with IEC standards for household and similar uses having integrated additional function(s).
NOTE 1 The term RCD is a generic term applied to a family of products which open automatically in response to a residual current at or exceeding the RCD's rated residual operating current IΔn.
This generic term is often applied to the following:
- RCCB: Residual current operated circuit-breaker without integral overcurrent protection;
- RCBO: Residual current operated circuit-breaker with integral overcurrent protection;
- SRCD: Residual current device with or without overcurrent protection for socket-outlets;
- PRCD: Portable residual current device without integral overcurrent protection.
This TR identifies the applicable testing procedure to determine the effect on the normal functioning of specific RCD(s) declared suitable with one or more additional function(s) integrated into or added to or assembled with this specific RCD.
This TR may also be used to draft additional requirements to standards for additional function(s) intended to be combined with RCDs for household and similar applications.
This TR provides a procedure based on an assessment in order to identify the necessary testing to demonstrate compliance with the appropriate requirements. If the assessment of the additional function integrated in the RCDs concludes that the additional function does not impair the RCD, no additional test is required by this TR.
Where more than one additional function(s) can be simultaneously associated with one or several RCD(s), the possible combinations is checked by considering the most severe ones.
This TR does not apply:
- to additional functions covered by a standard which explicitly addresses the combination with RCDs for household and similar applications;
NOTE 2 Example of an additional device with independent product standard is auxiliary contacts according to IEC 62019.
- to additional function(s) associated with RCDs for connection purposes;
NOTE 3 Examples of additional function(s) for connection purposes are connection devices between RCBOs and a circuit breakers.
- to locking devices.