DIN EN 14908-6
Open Data Communication in Building Automation, Controls and Building Management - Control Network Protocol - Part 6: Application elements; English version EN 14908-6:2014, only on CD-ROM
|Publication Date:||1 May 2015|
|ICS Code (Installations in buildings in general):||91.140.01|
|ICS Code (Automatic controls for household use):||97.120|
|ICS Code (IT applications in building and construction industry):||35.240.67|
This European Standard provides mechanisms through which various vendors of building automation, control, and building management systems may exchange information in a standardized way.
This document provides specifications for the Application Elements of Control Network Protocol packets as follows:
- definitions of standardized packet (network-variable) data types;
- definitions of device-interface files;
- definitions of standardized configuration-proper
- definitions of standardized enumeration types;
- definitions of standardized functional profiles;
- definition of the standardized method of file transfer between devices.
The purpose of this specification is to ensure interoperability between various CNP implementations. This document contains all the information necessary to read and interpret the format of data and control information that is used by EN 14908-5. It also defines the device interface for a device as specified, which is necessary to exchange data between various devices from different manufacturers.