Standard: TAPPI T 546
MACHINE-DIRECTION GRAMMAGE VARIATION MEASUREMENT (GRAVIMETRIC METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This procedure can be used to determine the short term machine-direction variation in mass per unit area. These variations can be caused by defects in the stock approach system, headbox, or consistency control. This test method is not intended to identify the source of the variations, but rather to quantify them. The method has particular application to acceptance testing of both the papermaking process and the product.
This test is laborious, but it is reliable and accurate. It requires cutting out samples, weighing samples, and data evaluation.
The general procedures outlined in TAPPI T 410 "Grammage of Paper and Paperboard (Weight per Unit Area)" and in TAPPI T 402 "Standard Conditioning and Testing Atmospheres for Paper, Board, Pulp Handsheets, and Related Products," are used as basic references for this method. TAPPI T 545 "Cross-Machine Grammage Profile Measurement (Gravimetric Method)" is the counterpart to this method for the cross-machine evaluation.
|Document Number:||tappi t 546|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.