ISO DIS 17747
Determination of energy savings in organizations
|Publication Date:||4 May 2015|
|ICS Code (Energy and heat transfer engineering in general):||27.010|
This International Standard provides approaches for the determination of energy savings from existing (implemented) or prospective energy performance improvement actions (EPIAs) in organizations. These methods may be applied to any organization, whether incorporated or not, public or private. It can be used by organizations already operating to an energy management system, such as ISO 50001, as well as by organizations with no formal energy management system.
This International Standard addresses the following topics in the context of energy savings:
- Establishing the purpose of the determination of energy savings
- Determining boundaries
- Energy accounting, including primary and delivered energy
- Selecting an approach for the determination of energy savings
- Establishing an energy baseline
- Normalization of energy consumption
- Determination of energy savings
- Reporting and other matters .
Specific methods for measurement and verification (M&V) of energy performance which are used to calculate energy savings are not in the scope of this standard. Guidance related to M&V of organizational energy performance can be found in ISO 50015 .