Soil quality - Vocabulary
|Publication Date:||1 May 2015|
|ICS Code (Soil quality and pedology in general):||13.080.01|
|ICS Code (Environment. Health protection. Safety (Vocabularies)):||01.040.13|
This International Standard defines a list of terms used in the preparation of the standards in the field of soil quality.
The terms are classified under the following main headings:
- general terms (terms relating to soil, soil materials, land, and sites);
- description of soil (soil characteristics, soil water, properties of soils and substances, processes in soil, contamination, pollution, background content);
- sampling (general terms, sample types/sampling type, sampling stages, execution of sampling, quality control samples, sample pretreatment);
- terms relating to the assessment of soils (quality, assessment of soil and sites with respect to risk, hazard and exposure, soil protection);
- remediation (general terms, principal remediation types, engineering-based methods, processbased treatment methods);
- soil ecotoxicology.
NOTE See also the ISO online browsing platform (OBP): www.iso.org/obp/ui/