NAVY - SECNAV 4900.46C
(ASN (RD&A)) TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND SECURITY ASSISTANCE REVIEW BOARD
|Publication Date:||29 May 2015|
a. Mission and Scope
(1) The TTSARB shall consider and review all precedentsetting or significant issues concerning technology transfer and foreign disclosure to fulfill strategic security cooperation objectives; obtain the views of cognizant DON officials; advise the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV); and establish necessary DON policy and procedures.
(2) The TTSARB shall focus on the international, technical, and business issues related to the matters submitted to it for consideration and decision. Although it will respond to specific individual cases, the TTSARB shall principally focus on comprehensive global policy guidance.
(3) The TTSARB shall consider such matters as may be submitted to it by the SECNAV, the Chief of Naval Operations, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, the Co-Chairpersons
(identified in paragraph 4b(1)(a) and 4b(1)(b)), or the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (International Programs) (DASN (IP)) as the TTSARB Executive Director. Other DON officials may submit issues to the TTSARB via the TTSARB Executive Director.
(4) The TTSARB shall advise the SECNAV of all decisions rendered and take such action as the Secretary may direct.
(5) The scope and authority of the TTSARB does not include decisions related to anti-tamper requirements for U.S. systems.
(6) Reference (a) designates the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development, and Acquisition) as the Principal Disclosure Authority for the SECNAV, and addresses the implementation and delegation of DON disclosure authority. TTSARB decisions support Delegated Disclosure Authorities conducting reviews and making determinations for release of information to foreign recipients.
Purpose. To make changes to the procedures and membership of the Technology Transfer and Security Assistance Review Board (TTSARB).